Friday, September 17, 2010

Bricked PC?

Ok. So i be on my computer today and a blue screen come up saying to restart if u own not seen this message since... well i hold, and their is supposed to be a percentage that goes up for the memory dump. but their be no percentage and i waited.. still none. Then i restarted and it eventually say Boot from CD so i tried my DOS boot disk, Win Xp disk and win xp autorun disk and nil worked. Oh and i can't do safe mode or anything because my upright shuts of as it's booting up. Except i can access SETUP so i can change my BIOS and stuff.



Can i do anything or am i screwed?

Bricked PC?

Make sure within your BIOS that you enabled boot from CD before adjectives the other boot devices. It will tell you to pick an establish. When you start the PC with the cd within the drive, it will ask you to press a key. Do this and next do a repair installation.
Since you can get into bios - renovate the boot priority to boot from the CD first. Try doing a repair - not at the reclamation console - but the repair that is an resort when the setup reaches the discovery of os portion.
Change the settings surrounded by the BIOS to boot from the cd-rom 1st, If that does not work then you might not enjoy a bootable xp cd. I would reformat my harddrive if I was you and start from cut into. A local computer shop should be able to thieve care of that for you. I charge $30 if you own the cd/ key code.
put together sure your bios detects the hard drive and cdrom k


No comments:

Post a Comment