Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can I put DDR400 RAM within a motherboard that can singular adopt up to DDR333?

If I can, what are the memory timings I obligation to set up in my BIOS or where on earth can I find them?



I have a MSI 645 Combo-L mainboard that have old DDR133 RAM (512Mb) installed. I plan to pilfer that out and put 1Gb DDR400 in it's place but my BIOS is currently set to run the RAM at one and only 133Mz. I assume I'll get better conduct if I boost the memory up to 333Mhz. The MSI website states that 400Mhz won't work with this mainboard but I know that DDR is backwards compatible.



I hold searched the internet and Kingston's website for the memory timings of DDR333 but can't find them anywhere.

Can I put DDR400 RAM within a motherboard that can singular adopt up to DDR333?

Yes the memory timings depend on the memory you used glorious end memory have lower timings DDR chips usually automatically adjust the timings to be safe newly set the RAM at the MAX timings you can use though this will lower performance a moment or two if it doesn't auto adjust the timings.
It's true that DDR ram is backwards compatible, but that does not tight-fisted that they will run at 400MHz.


No comments:

Post a Comment