Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Can the wrong power supply hurt my computer?

I a moment ago got a brand new computer two weeks ago. The past week it have frozen multiple times. I called the company and they have a sneaking suspicion that it's the motherboard, but I'm not sure. I think I've gotten the monitor's powercord that runs at 250v mixed up near the cord for the computer that runs at about 125v.



The company told me that shouldn't effect my computer at adjectives, but I'm seriously thinking that 125 more volts might be the culprit.



Does anyone know if this would screw my computer up into freezing itself, even when in Bios?

Can the wrong power supply hurt my computer?

That wouldn't because your power outlet would simply feed 110watts at most (if you live surrounded by the US).

Either way, both devices should be rate at the same wattage since both are plugged into like outlet.

Also, at that much of a wattage difference, your system wouldn't freeze, it would burn out and not even turn on.
If you are living in the USA - standard power connections are 120v. Switching the monitor and computer power cord will not be paid any difference they both are 120v.



If your computer is freezing up - even in Bios - I would look to some particularly serious hardware errors. Now, if you went into bios next to the intention of overclocking your CPU (why would you be in nearby with a unsullied computer?) - now wonder your computer is freaking out. Set everything fund to default and see how things operate.

furnished rental house

No comments:

Post a Comment